"The 26min long video features drummer Oli Rubow and percussionist Bertil Mark. Their performance on the Meinl Drum Festival 2010 focuses on an interesting and new musical field: drums & real time electronics.
DJ-culture is realised interactively utilizing acoustic drums, percussion, and electricity.
Say goodbye to stiff playbacks and play music instead:
musical snippets are edited live and arranged to something completely new
everything is improvised, nothing is planned
an exciting musical journey!
Used electronic gear:
on the percussion riser (Bertil)
- Macbook Pro with Ableton Live and max for live, 4x Beyerdynamic mix splitted for efx and realtime looping into Motu Traveler. controllers: Jazzmutant Lemur, Monome and Wiimote Controller, Korg KaossPad 3, spd-s for controling and playing Ableton and Native Instruments.
on the drum riser (Oli)
- 2x Roland SPD-S with personal samples and one satelite: a Roland e-Cymbal for deep boom bass drums
- EHX Vocoder + Line6 Tap Delay for the splitted snare mic
- Alesis Microverb for dubby sanre reverb shots
- Acidlab Bassline for typical acid basslines
- The Kick triggers an analog synth (Jomox Mbase). This sound gets delayed by a Boss Space Echo and filtered by the Oto Biscuit
- Macbook Pro with Ableton Live/Effectrix, Motu Traveler and Launchpad synchronices the Bassline and Bertil's Computer."
Also see this post.